Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Secret Preschool Training Program

My time has been occupied lately with some slow and messy home improvements.   The worst part was definitely removing wallpaper.  Yes, I know, I've been lucky that this is the first time in my life I have ever had to remove wallpaper. 

Now that the wallpaper is removed, though, I have found my true passion...spackling!  I've been a spackling fool the past few days!  It's awesome!  All those tiny holes in the wall from nails...poof...gone!  Areas that were...um...slightly damaged in the wallpaper removal....poof...gone again! 

Of course, there's probably not a whole lot of need for "professional spacklers."  But, I don't care, I've been having a ton of fun!   Why have I been telling my husband he has to fix minor wall problems all these years?  I'm clearly the expert (um...as much of an expert as one can be in this area, I suppose)!

And I think I know why!  It's all those years of playing with playdough, fingerpainting and all those general messy preschool activities involving huge globs of glue and various sticky items!

I've been in some secret training program in preparation for...SPACKLING!  Yes, I knew all those messy projects would come in handy some day!  Oh, I can barely contain my excitement...next I get to paint the walls!  You know, we do pull out the paint every day in the classroom.  Talk about an awesome training program.  Who knew... :)

3 comments:

  1. Pam, see, we do teach life skills in our early childhood programs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! So everything you needed to know, you learned teaching pre-k :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts