Monday, August 22, 2011

Boardmaker Pictures on the Flannelboard?!

I just knew I would have more ideas to go along with those flannelboard activities made from the milk machine filters!  Now that I know the filters can go right through the printer; I keep thinking of other things I could do with them!  (and, yes, it's driving me crazy) 

Well, wouldn't you know it; I needed to print some Boardmaker pictures for the week.  I wanted pictures to go along with exploring colored glue.  Of course I asked the logical question when obsessing over creating new things:  why not put the pictures on the milk machine filters?! 

While we are exploring the colored glue in class, I will attach two color cards and the glue picture to the flannelboard (or my flannelboard apron- can't decide yet) and the children will pull off the picture of the color they want to use!


One thing to keep in mind:  the colors aren't as vibrant as if they were printed on paper.  If you have a child with low vision, I would probably print these on paper rather than the milk machine filters. 

Of course, we are still using Boardmaker pictures along with our activity.  We aren't really adding anything new to this or changing the activity in any way.  But, I'm pretty sure the children will think it's great fun to chose a color on the flannelboard and pull it off rather than using paper pictures placed in front of them on the table! 

Besides, I have approximately 210 more milk machine filters to use...oh, make that 205.  I used a whole 5 milk filters for the Boardmaker pictures!  Hmmm...what to come up with next?!

This post is linked to Teach Preschool's Every day Flannelboard Play Link!

6 comments:

  1. Oh - you are making me crazy!! I have to find me some of those filters! That is my next weekend search!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I'd have to ship them...I'd send you a few of mine...since I have plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know I still can't find those filters:) LOL! Thanks for linking up Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah- if it wouldn't cost me more than I paid, I'd send you half the box I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you post the info, like name, product number, etc of the milk filters. I've seen this idea on Making Learning Fun and want to try it but like Deborah said, I can't find them either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie- you can find the specific information on ordering these on-line or at a farm implement store on my follow up post on this http://howlongisthishall.blogspot.com/2012/01/milk-filter-flannelboard-follow-up.html Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts