Monday, January 17, 2011

Brrr....Winter Clothing Book and Game

One of my favorite super simple winter books for my classroom is "Under My Hood I Have a Hat" by Karla Kuskin.  This is a very simple predicable book that goes through several winter weather clothing item a child will need to put on before going outside. 
 We created a bit of a game of naming each winter weather item we need to put on.  Now, I'm not sure how it happened, but this little song (below) literally just jumped into my head the other week when I was planning.  I'm sure I must have heard it somewhere.  If I could remember where, I would certainly credit that person with this.  So, if you posted this song on your blog or have seen it in a book, please let me know, so I can link back to it.  We sing this song while holding on to the handles of our parachute and going around in a circle.  Each time we sing about a new winter weather clothing we put that item in the middle of the parachute and go around while singing.
(sung to the tune of Here we go round the Mulberry bush)

"What do we wear in winter time, in winter time, in winter time?
What do we wear in winter time...when it's cold outside?

We wear a hat on our head, on our head, on our head.
We wear a hat on our head, when it's cold outside.

We wear a scarf around our neck, around our neck, around our neck.
We wear a scarf around our neck, when it's cold outside.

We wear snowpants on our legs, on our legs, on our legs.
We wear snowpants on our legs, when it's cold outside.

We wear boots on our feet, on our feet, on our feet.
We wear boots on our feet, when it's cold outside."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts