Sunday, February 27, 2011

Frogs on the Brain!

This blog could definitely be described as a "working blog" a "work in progress" or...a "blog with a bit of ADHD" (yes, I think that describes this blog best)!   However, this is what I enjoy best about reading other blogs; being able to actually view the author's thinking or creative process!

After I wrote yesterday's post with the 3 Little Frogs rhyme, I saw a comment from Kierna mentioning using various tunes with the rhymes and songs that we, as teachers and parents, tend to make up throughout the day.

I quickly realized that the tune to "5 little ducks" (...went out one day, over a hill and far away.  Mother duck said, quack, quack, quack, quack...but only 4 little ducks came back)  would work fairly well with the rhyme the way it was written.   (Go ahead...try it...it works!)

However, I came up with a bit of an alternate version that works just as well, perhaps even better, using the tune to "5 Little Ducks" and I think my kids will enjoy the extra bit of wiggling that we can work into the song! 

So, here is an alternate version of the 3 Little Frogs (sung to the tune of 5 Little Ducks):

3 Little frogs,
Resting on a log,
Right in the middle of the great big bog.
One little frog went wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
And jumped in the bog with a giggle, giggle, giggle!

(repeat with 2 and 1)

Now, I'm sure these alternate versions could continue on forever in my head, but I will refrain from posting any new versions!  You may be sick of frogs by the time they leave my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts