Sunday, February 27, 2011

Frogs on the Brain!

This blog could definitely be described as a "working blog" a "work in progress" or...a "blog with a bit of ADHD" (yes, I think that describes this blog best)!   However, this is what I enjoy best about reading other blogs; being able to actually view the author's thinking or creative process!

After I wrote yesterday's post with the 3 Little Frogs rhyme, I saw a comment from Kierna mentioning using various tunes with the rhymes and songs that we, as teachers and parents, tend to make up throughout the day.

I quickly realized that the tune to "5 little ducks" (...went out one day, over a hill and far away.  Mother duck said, quack, quack, quack, quack...but only 4 little ducks came back)  would work fairly well with the rhyme the way it was written.   (Go ahead...try it...it works!)

However, I came up with a bit of an alternate version that works just as well, perhaps even better, using the tune to "5 Little Ducks" and I think my kids will enjoy the extra bit of wiggling that we can work into the song! 

So, here is an alternate version of the 3 Little Frogs (sung to the tune of 5 Little Ducks):

3 Little frogs,
Resting on a log,
Right in the middle of the great big bog.
One little frog went wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
And jumped in the bog with a giggle, giggle, giggle!

(repeat with 2 and 1)

Now, I'm sure these alternate versions could continue on forever in my head, but I will refrain from posting any new versions!  You may be sick of frogs by the time they leave my brain!

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts