Saturday, February 26, 2011

3 Little Frogs!

It must be all the (relatively) warm weather we are having here or something, as I watched TV the other night, this little rhyme began forming in my head!  It started out about birds, but quickly evolved into a rhyme about frogs!   (I'm pretty darn sure this isn't out there somewhere already...but if you've heard this or something like it, please let me know!  I may be losing my mind!)

So, here's the 3 Little Frogs rhyme:

3 little frogs
resting on a log
right in the middle
of a great big bog.
1 got the wiggles (one child wiggles)
and jumped right in (jumps to the middle) 
"Look" said the other frogs, (other children make circles with hands around eyes for binoculars)
"Look at him/her swim!"

2 little frogs
resting on a log
right in the middle
of a great big bog.
1 got the wiggles
and jumped right in
"look" said the other frogs
"look at him/her swim!"

1 little frog
resting on a log
right in the middle
of a great big bog.
She got the wiggles
and jumped right in
"look" said all the frogs
"look at us swim!"

Now, of COURSE I would come up with a rhyme...WHILE I'm on break from school! Isn't that the way it always happens?! So, anyway, we have several long, low "shelves" at school that are actually meant to sit on and take off shoes. I think we'll use this for 3 of the children to sit on and "act out" the rhyme! (Oh- they'll have fun- especially with all the wiggling!) We also have logs surrounding our sand pit outside. THIS may be where we act out the new rhyme!

And, just in case you're wondering, frogs do live in bogs! A bog is simply a marshy area with water and a great deal of vegetation.

(If you would like to see an alternate version click HERE!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this and cant wait to teach it to my kids. I homeschool 5, and two of them, the twins, are special needs. I am your newest follower. COme over and meet us some time at www.brightonparkblog.blogspot.com (p.s. found you at picket fence; so glad i did!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katie- so glad you stopped by- I will most definitely check out your blog! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - I tend to teach rhymes to my class that have tunes that popped into my head!! So when we meet other classes & we start to sing my class sound like no other!!!!!! Can I 'borrow' this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kierna- I do the same thing! I make up songs or rhymes as we are going along. The problem is, I often can't remember what tune I've used the next time I sing it...so usually it just morphs into a new song :) This one was more of just a chant- but if you come up with a tune that works for it, let me know! and of course you can borrow this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Can definitely see the kids acting it out. I'll be borrowing it too - thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts