Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Post-It Rubrics!?

Previously, I've written about IEP goals and creating rubrics for these goals.  I thought I'd share a VERY quick and easy way that I have begun using to visualize these rubrics BEFORE I actually begin creating them in a document.

There is no significance to the colors- I simply ran out of one color! :)  And, of course, it is just "chicken-scratch"- not full sentences on these post-its...but I understand what it means, that's all that matters! :)
Post-its are such a visual tool!  I simply chose three items the child needs to focus on within the standard.  I wrote those three items on the post-its on the first column and then worked my way to the right from most assistance to least assistance.  The columns are scored 1,2,3 and 4 for a total of 12 points on the rubric. 

Now, of course, these are just a VERY rough draft and will probably be changed several times before we meet as a group and then again when we do meet as a group; but this gives me a good base to start from and a way to visualize the rubric and rearrange it as needed before I actually create it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts