Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Pirate Took Over our Preschool!

Our preschool was so excited today to welcome a very special visitor from a...a...a PIRATE SHIP!?  Let's just say, our principal has no problem dressing up and telling a story in a great pirate voice!  The preschool children LOVED it!   This was SUCH a fun way to celebrate Read Across America! 

Our principal had a great name for the pirate:  Bulldog Beard (since our school mascot is a bulldog).  The pirate then read the book: How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long and David Shannon.
How I Became a Pirate

(For those of you who read our preschool blog, this will be a bit of a repeat...but it was so darn fun, I just had to post something about this here as well!)  

I had one little guy who began talking in a pirate voice about half way through listening to the book!  When I asked him if he wanted to go up and meet the pirate, he jumped right up and said "ya".  When we got up to the front to meet the pirate, he gave him a hug!  (-not my first reaction when meeting a pirate for the first time!)  This was the same child who threw a fit when we had to leave...wanted to become a pirate, I guess!


One of my awesome teacher associates was sitting with another child on her lap.  She told me later that the little guy she was sitting with couldn't take his eyes off the pirate...and was fascinated the entire time!  (Well, if I saw a pirate at my school, I don't think I would take my eyes off him either!)

When it came time to take a class picture with the pirate we gathered around and wiggled and took a picture!  When I looked at it later, I realized that another little guy had his nose about two inches from our principal's face just looking at him...trying to figure out exactly WHO this pirate really was!  What a fun way to celebrate Read Across America!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts